Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have been in Melbourne for the last 1 year. My husband, who just arrived, has got a job offer in Perth, we are considering the move. I would like help with what I should be aware of with regards to move from one state to another. I have a few questions, if anyone could help me that would be great.

1. I already have a health insurance here with Australian Unity, would I have to cancel it when I move to Perth or will I be able to continue using it?

2. My driver's license is probationary, would I have to re-take the driver's test in Perth or could I just convert to a Perth driver's license?

3. I have paid up my car insurance for a year. Will I be able to get back any money if I cancel the car insurance?

4. My mobile phone contract should not be affected by my move to Perth should it??

5. Will I have to close my bank accounts here, will the Bank be able to just setup an account for me in Perth?

6. Will I completely loose my rental bond or will I get back some money?

7. My husband is on a spouse visa, besides informing the DIAC about our move to a different state will I have to provide any other paperwork?

8. Any hints on what neighborhoods to keep in mind when moving to Perth, the company is located in canning vale?

Also is there anything that I am missing out with regards to a move? If there is a website that gives a comprehensive checklist of moving to different state, could someone please share.

Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.