Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving to UAE in the next few months; finalizing details now. I am not planning to bring my wife for a while. How easy is it for her to visit? What kind of Visa would she need?

Also, how often are people working in UAE allowed to leave? Long weekend is what I am thinking about?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Cant advise you on visa issues if you don't tell us your wife's nationality.

We can come and go out of the country as we please.

You will have to ask your employer what days you work and what holidays you are getting if you are referring to time off work to travel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cant advise you on visa issues if you don't tell us your wife's nationality.

We can come and go out of the country as we please.

You will have to ask your employer what days you work and what holidays you are getting if you are referring to time off work to travel.
My wifes nationality is USA.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
She can get a visa on arrival. It is valid 30 days. If longer then 30 days, she can do visa runs to oman.

If she is going to live here, then you can sponsor her as long as you meet certain requirements, which most westerners pass. Talk to your company pro to see if they will do this for you so you dont have to deal with it.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
As Jynx says, she will get free 30 day visa on arrival. If she needs to stay longer it can be extended for another 30 days or she can pop over Oman border and back to get a new visa stamp.
When/If she wants to stay you can sponsor her for a 2 year residency visa. Your employer will sponsor you for your residency visa once you arrive. You can come and go as often as you want but your residency visa will expire if you are out of the country for 6 months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.