Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm moving to another room that's only about 4 blocks away from my current place so I don't want to spend too much on a moving service. Do any of you know where I can find moving guys for hire (with a truck)? I'm doing this all by myself so I need trustworthy guys (good first-hand experiences with them), not random people off the street. It's not too much stuff, a couple of small pieces of furniture, a few small appliances, mattress, clothes and kitchenware.

I also don't have a car so I don't know how safe it would be to A) ride in the truck with them and my stuff or B) go there separately and have all of my worldly possessions in their hands. Sorry if that sounds a little dramatic but I'm paranoid like that. LOL.

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Most movers in my experience are safe to work with. If unsure, just have another friend with you, or just take a cab to meet them there.

I used a mover to move across the street, and while they did the best job they could, they only have one little pickup truck which I found a little inadequate for any move but they managed to move everything undamaged but I don't really think they are proper movers! Anyhow, I'm sure someone else can pop in and recommend someone they used.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I always use Fly Movers. They helped me move from The Greens to Marina, and I did not have much stuff, they did everything for me, even connected all my appliances, assembled furniture etc. I have also used them for small jobs too. They are very friendly and always the most competitive in price (I did my research!) Call Ali 050 931 2914. Good luck!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I always use Fly Movers. They helped me move from The Greens to Marina, and I did not have much stuff, they did everything for me, even connected all my appliances, assembled furniture etc. I have also used them for small jobs too. They are very friendly and always the most competitive in price (I did my research!) Call Ali 050 931 2914. Good luck!
I can also recommend Fly Movers. They are a great bunch of guys. Nothing lost, nothing broken - AND they arrived on time. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much! I'll give them a call. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
OMG.......I tried to release some wishes to RUG, but be warned as "Rule Violation" with an expire date "6th December 2013
01:58 PM".
Someone tells me what that "expires" mean. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
OMG.......I tried to release some wishes to RUG,
Please do not "release" anything here. O.k maybe that was mean, but calming down a bit on the forum might help...

Someone tells me what that "expires" mean. Thanks.
ex·pire
ikˈspīr/
verb
3rd person present: expires
(of a document, authorization, or agreement) cease to be valid, typically after a fixed period of time.
"the old contract had expired"
synonyms:run out, become invalid, become void, lapse;

1 - 10 of 10 Posts