Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be applying for my spousal visa shortly and it will be on the basis of savings alone. However, the falling value of the South African Rand (ZAR) against the GBP is really hurting the value of our savings. Currently, the converted value is still sufficient to meet the financial requirements but I am really scared that the bottom could fall out of the ZAR/GBP exchange rate any day now. I have opened a GBP denominated account at my SA'n bank but I am nervous to transfer the savings to this account as I don't want to upset the "6 month" applecart. Any idea if the UKBA would accept the transfer or would it raise concerns?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hi,

I am almost in the same situation. I just created a separate account to keep my savings in $ which is equal to 62,500 GBP. I am planing to re-apply after completing the six month condition of having the money in my account starting from this month. Previously, the money was in my checking account but I moved it because I thought maybe unknowingly I the amount might get up and down from the require amount as i use this account alot. Is it going to make a problem if this account is only a saving account just to keep that fix amount and I am not using this account at all.

I have another question. As I am going to using my savings for the financial requirement, my Fiance (sponsor) has wired me some money to contribute in this savings, do you think it will be a problem (He does not have a job, just had some saving which he wired it to my account for this purpose)

I am sorry my post is not clear. I would appreciate any suggestions in this regard.

By the way, my fiance visa was rejected based on financial requirement and the English language requirement. So we are planning to re-apply after 6 months

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Being only a savings account is entirely fine.
Whatever your fiancé has sent won't count until it has been in your account for 6 months.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Being only a savings account is entirely fine.
Whatever your fiancé has sent won't count until it has been in your account for 6 months.
Thank you Joppa for the response. We will wait until six month is passed, so I guess its ok for him to contribute in the savings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.