Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I know that the rules for moving pets to the UK are posted on the UK Visa website, but I was hoping to get some accounts of personal experience. I have a small dog and a small cat, both micro-chipped, with the appropriate vaccines.

Does anyone know what the actual physical process for bringing them into the country is?

Thank you!
Christie

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi - It's been three years since I brought family and pets over (2 dogs, 2 parrots) so things could have changed a bit. But the final step ("actual physical process") involved booking a flight that all the pets were on, along with one of us on the same flight- this was a requirement. (Turned out to be just my wife as we had to delay pets at the last minute because all the paperwork was slow in coming through, long story). We worked with Air Animal as the "shipper". My wife drove the pets to the freight terminal at Chicago (OHare). Each animal in its own shipping carton (standard dog crate or bird cage but modified according to directions we were given). While she was waiting to board the flight herself, she saw our little guys being ferried out to the plane all tied down to the same palette which presumably got loaded straight into the animal hold. It was a requirement that pets were NOT tranquilized in any way. They fall flew into London and we had Air Animal set up a delivery for us, bringing the pets to us once they had cleared customs (our house is about 2 hours away from Heathrow). In total I think it was about 12 hours for the pets from the time we left them to the time we got them back. But they were fine!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Here is the thread I posted when I brought over my first dog. Since then I have brought a second dog and there were a couple of minor changes. The Annex II form has been updated. Also if you are not flying within 5 days of your pet, you need to use the commercial version of the form. There is a box to tick which states the animal is a pet, but not flying at the same time as the owner/agent.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/britain-expat-forum-expats-living-uk/527554-my-io-experience-heathrow-bringing-my-dog-us.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.