Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I found this forum full with excellent knowledge and would like to thanks the advisers

I would appreciate an advice/guidance

I am a UK citizen living with my family in the UK. I am thinking to move to Ireland to exercise freedom of movement treaty in order to facilitate bringing my parents (Iraqi passport holders)
I understand i need to follow Surrender Singh route
Few questions in my head:

1- Moving centre of life, does this really includes moving my wife and kids (kids in school one of which in special need school). lat year an advice from a solicitor was not mandatory

2- what is meant by dependancy, I understand financial dependency. What documents are needed to prove it, bank statement showing money transfers, is so for how many months?

3- after moving and maybe working 3 months, would they need to move to Ireland first and after getting the residency card then apply to FP or they can apply straight away apply for FP
(thinking maybe traveling together with them from IRAQ)

Thanks in advance for the advice

basoom

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
You will have a big problem convincing Home Office about legitimacy of your scheme, as it's quite obvious your Irish relocation is motivated solely as a ruse to bring your parents to UK. If you still want to go ahead, yes, your wife and kids must come with you and they must attend Irish schools (local schooling is explicitly mentioned in guidance). You need a minimum of 6 months, possibly a year doing a legit job earning enough to maintain your family and your parents who must come with you. Ireland isn't cheap. Financial dependence means you have been supporting them substantially for all their living costs for a considerable period of time, say for several years with solid documentary proof, preferably including a period when you lived with them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa

I thought the motive behind the move is irrelevant and can't be taken as a reason for refusal? is this right

Will it then be easier/possible to take them to Ireland and live and obtain a residency card issued under article 10 which I understand will make the need to FP unnecessary ?

Regards

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
While they cannot use your motive alone to deny you, they will try their utmost to refuse you on centre of life or other grounds. Irish residence card can only be used to visit UK, and to establish residence you still need EEA family permit under Surinder Singh. Even if you succeed thus far, no vote in referendum would put their future position in doubt.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,965 Posts
Hi,
I really don't like the Surinder Singh route to UK residence.
If someone does not meet UK residence requirements - then the EU rights should not be able to trump these requirements.
I hope that this can be remedied sometime soon.
Cheers
Steve

·
Super Moderator
6,965 Posts
Possibly by a referendum! Looks like it may be as early as next year, now...
Hi,
Yes indeed - is such a complex subject and will be interesting to see how the various stakeholders campaign for the Yes and No camps to staying in the Eu.
If the No camp use the fear of immigration factor - then the vast majority of the electorate would believe that and probably vote no on that basis alone.
A fairly low percentage of the electorate will be mentally able to understand the more advanced arguments about interest rates, currency, imports, exports, etc etc.
As usual, the tabloid newspapers will be able to sway a large number of voters based on their stories.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Btw, the wording in the referendum will be: Should UK stay in the European Union? So Yes vote will be for staying, and No vote will be for leaving. The latest betting odds are 1/2 on for staying, but this can of course change.

·
Super Moderator
6,965 Posts
Btw, the wording in the referendum will be: Should UK stay in the European Union? So Yes vote will be for staying, and No vote will be for leaving. The latest betting odds are 1/2 on for staying, but this can of course change.
Hi,
If the tactics that were used in the Scotland vote are replicated in the Eu vote - then anything could happen on the day.
The most powerful tactic will be the FUD factor (which I believe was coined by IBM a long time ago).
Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.
The stakeholders will be playing heavily on people's fears ( both for the Yes and No votes).
It will all boil down to what the electorate are more afraid of - to sway their votes.
Cheers
Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.