Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

the date has finally been set - we are moving over the 1st week of October!!! i am 30 yrs old and coming over with my 2 yr old girl and hubby. we are moving to the Dubai Marina area. Any advice on this area. what is there to do for kids etc? was thinking of Springs but wasn't too keen on it when we looked at it.

also what about play groups or meeting mums in the same situation as me?
i am looking to putmy 2 yr old in nursery for a few days a week then school next year. have already applied.

i am soooo excited to finally be leaving the UK.
any advice re moving to Dubai?
also healthcare - how do we get healthcare? my hubby is self employed so do we just get private healthcare? not sure how it works.
any advice much appreciated

·
Registered
15 Posts
Moving to Dubai

Hi. Moving to dubai is a wonderful experience and you will enjoy it provided you are in work, have some money and ready to live in one of the most diversed cities in the world. Dubai Marina is a popular area and probably the highest in rents albeit they shoul dbe falling as economy is still sticky at best.

you can get a medical health card to use Govt. hospitals spread all over the city however most expats use private medical hospitals as you should have medical insurance before you come here. Cards cost 300 dhs for adults and available at all hospitals.

good Luck, i am leaving and look forward to coming back. We cannot afford to live here if not working.

Best regards

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
October is a good time to move. Will be still very hot but not as much as now so kids should be fine with climate change. Dubai Marina is an elite area and for sure you'll quickly find lots of friends over there. In general there are not so many places to go with kids, few parks, beach, Marina Walk fountains (kids love to play there and to get wet from the water, it's in Dubai Marina).
Have a smooth move!

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Ideally everyone should have good private medical insurance. Government hospitals are OK for some things, but a health card is no substitute for quality private care

Speak to an experienced independent financial adviser who will understand your needs. Please feel free to contact me.

-

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
October is a good time to move. Will be still very hot but not as much as now so kids should be fine with climate change. Dubai Marina is an elite area and for sure you'll quickly find lots of friends over there. In general there are not so many places to go with kids, few parks, beach, Marina Walk fountains (kids love to play there and to get wet from the water, it's in Dubai Marina).
Have a smooth move!
thanks. we will be moving around the corner from the water fountain which my little girl loves. also we have chosen an apratment building with a kids play area so she should be busy.

where are good areas/parks to go to with the kids?

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.