Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I'm starting to look at some choices I have for transferring some things back home (i.e. Slovenia) that can't be put on a plane. We are leaving in July.

We are not talking about much, there is no furniture, just some pots, plates, cutlery, a heat plate, some crafting tools and supplies, toys, maybe some clothes. Nothing major. In fact I'm afraid that there is so little stuff that that will prove to be the biggest obstacle.

If I don't come up with a suitable and affordable alternative we will have to come back by car, which is a 13hour drive, without stops, pay parking etc.

If any of you have any suggestions and/or prices, please help.

·
Administrator
49,391 Posts
Two suggestions :

1. check with La Poste. Over the years I've heard of a number of people who have found it easy and economical to simply mail their belongings to themselves when moving. Not sure how it works, but it's worth checking out.

2. Find the UPS website and see what they may be able to do for you. They offer a variety of pickup, pack and delivery options and when we looked into using UPS for shipping equipment to customers (at least within France) we found their rates surprisingly reasonable compared to the trucking companies we'd been using.
Cheers,
Bev

M

·
0 Posts
1. What Bev said in her reply 1.

2. What Bev said in her reply 2.

3. Calculate value of items, sell them here, re-acquire them once home. Might be less than the shipping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.