Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My partner and I have decided to take the plunge and look at moving to Australia first thing in 2013. I'm a Business Analyst with 6 years experience (including 3 years in the pensions industry as a trainee actuary and consultant) and my partner is a fully qualified electrician (UK) and also has 5 years experience. We have no dependents.
I'm really looking on some information on how to start preparing as I figure that looking for a job now might be a bit premature. Am I best to get a working holiday visa or look for sponsored jobs (are these easy to come by in my profession?)
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
You should check skilled migration first on the diac webpage. I think it's never to early to start looking now. More then likely you will hit dead ends so it's better to start now. Your best bet it employee sponsored visa (457). Good luck.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi

My partner and I have decided to take the plunge and look at moving to Australia first thing in 2013. I'm a Business Analyst with 6 years experience (including 3 years in the pensions industry as a trainee actuary and consultant) and my partner is a fully qualified electrician (UK) and also has 5 years experience. We have no dependents.
I'm really looking on some information on how to start preparing as I figure that looking for a job now might be a bit premature. Am I best to get a working holiday visa or look for sponsored jobs (are these easy to come by in my profession?)

Thanks!
if you do have actuarial qualifications it would be good for you to explore the PR route since actuaries are on the SOL and quite in demand.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Pradiprn said:
if you do have actuarial qualifications it would be good for you to explore the PR route since actuaries are on the SOL and quite in demand.
We aim to get my wife skill assessment done for Actuary occupation. She has 3 Actuarial exams to her credit and to become an Actuary she needs to clear 15 exams. However I don't think that is essential to qualify for PR. The main entry requirement is a relevant degree and experience .
(professional actuarial exams are not mandatory).

Actuary as an occupation has to be assessed by VETASSESS. Actuary falls under group A which basically means relevant education is required. She has done Maths honours full time from India.
She is also a member with Institute of Actuaries, India and Institute of Actuaries, UK. Her work experience is between 3 - 5 years.

Though Mathematics is related they probably look for more relevant qualification such as Bachelors or Masters in Actuarial Science. So I doubt whether she would get positive skill assessment or not if we apply ? I don't want to waste money on skill assessment till I get assurance on this aspect. Can someone guide please ?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Hi

Thanks!
Start by looking into PR route as someone also suggested above.. For basic information and walkthrough - you can check migrate to Australia page

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi

Thanks!
Boglett did you find an actuarial job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.