Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First post (probably many more to come).

I've had a fantastic opportunity fall into my lap which involves me moving away from my current ex-pat life in the UK to a new ex-pat life in Dubai.

The job/money/career is amazing, but it is all tempered by the fact that I will need to leave me life (including my wife and house) behind in the UK.

As a result of this, I will be sending a substantial part of my salary back to the UK every month to help Mrs. Cfposi pay the bills and mortgage.

My employment contract says I'll be paid in USD, so I assume I'll need to convert that to AED and then send to the UK in GBP.

Does anyone do anything similar and can pass along any tips or best practices so I can do this as cheaply and efficiently as possible?

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi all,

First post (probably many more to come).

I've had a fantastic opportunity fall into my lap which involves me moving away from my current ex-pat life in the UK to a new ex-pat life in Dubai.

The job/money/career is amazing, but it is all tempered by the fact that I will need to leave me life (including my wife and house) behind in the UK.

As a result of this, I will be sending a substantial part of my salary back to the UK every month to help Mrs. Cfposi pay the bills and mortgage.

My employment contract says I'll be paid in USD, so I assume I'll need to convert that to AED and then send to the UK in GBP.

Does anyone do anything similar and can pass along any tips or best practices so I can do this as cheaply and efficiently as possible?

Thanks so much.
I doubt it that you will be paid in USD. The Aed is fixed to the USD. The general conversion rate used is 3.675 to get your AED salary and this is what will be deposited to your bank account. Please clarify with your prospective employer.

As for transfering on a monthly basis to the UK, there are exchange companies every where. The higher the amount, the better the rate. So it might be worth it to transfer every few months. We personally use Al ansari in al barsha ball to transfer money to Oz as their rates are more competitive.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers both - I will check it out.

Probably makes sense that I'll get paid in AED, but I will check!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts