Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Sometimes back I read some resources that if you have switched jobs during the six months prior to applyin g for visa, you would need to provide 12 months bank statements. I tried looking for it couldnt find it again.

So question I have is, I am planning to apply for my wife 2.5 year extension on a 5 year route spouse visa.

I earn three times more than the threshold. I want to move jobs as the job market is very competitive.

If I move job during the 6 month period, this will result in a situation where I have to show pay from both companies that I worked for, does this mean automatically I have to provide 12 months payslips and bank statement? issue I am having is my bank statement is not in a great state.. large sums of money movements etc.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
If you haven't been with your employer for at least 6 months before you apply for the spouse visa, you will need to apply under Category B, which means that you must show you have made at least £18,600 over the past twelve months (through current/former employment) and that you are currently making £18,600 with your new employer. So yes, you need to meet both of these requirements and will have to show 12 months' worth of bank statements. However, when you are meeting the financial requirement through employment income, they only need your bank statements so that they can see your pay being deposited into your account - They don't care about your overall financial state or other transactions.

Reactions: humble

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you haven't been with your employer for at least 6 months before you apply for the spouse visa, you will need to apply under Category B, which means that you must show you have made at least £18,600 over the past twelve months (through current/former employment) and that you are currently making £18,600 with your new employer. So yes, you need to meet both of these requirements and will have to show 12 months' worth of bank statements. However, when you are meeting the financial requirement through employment income, they only need your bank statements so that they can see your pay being deposited into your account - They don't care about your overall financial state or other transactions.
hmm I thought one of the additional criteria is that you are able to maintain yourself?, sometimes my bank balance gets very low as I give money to other people for short periods of time or put in savings etc so just dont want to do something stupid and end up in big trouble

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Yes, how you're able to maintain yourself is through employment income - If you meet the financial requirement, it doesn't matter how much money you have left over, if it did then they would specify

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.