Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Thanks all of you knowledgeable people who provide help on this forum. I've read a lot of your answers to other people and this place is a well of knowledge.

I am a UK citizen and live in the UK with my US citizen fiance, who is on a Tier 4 visa. We will be getting married in September and he will be applying for FLR(M) in September or October. I feel pretty confident about the process in general but recently a change in our circumstances has come up.

We are renting from a private landlord. We are on a rolling contract and our landlord recently informed us she is going to sell. We really like our place, and it's fairly likely to be sold buy-to-let (just that kind of area), so we are trying to work out whether to jump ship now and find another, more secure, place, or whether to hang on and see whether or not we will be pushed. Obviously my biggest concern in wanting more security is the visa process.

Hypothetically, IF we were to apply for FLR(M) and filled in section 7C, accommodation, on the basis of the home we live in, and then whilst the application was being processed we had to move, would this make our application invalid due to the information no longer being correct? We are confident we could find other suitable accommodation in the time provided to us by our rolling contract if necessary, but is there any way to update an in-process application to say 'details have changed, but we still meet the requirements'?

If this is going to be the basis of a visa approval we will definitely not risk it, but it also seems like there might be some rules around 'circumstances changed whilst in process' that I don't understand, that would make it okay.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found a gov webpage "Report a change of circumstances if you have a visa or BRP" (cannot post the link yet)

It doesn't make it any clearer as it only gives routes for points-based visas and some named non-points based.

Does anyone know in general what flr(m) applicants should do if they have a change in circumstances during application which means their submitted form is wrong -- e.g., they have a baby, they get a conviction, etc? Must they correct it, or is the information being right at the point it is given enough?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I never worked this out, so we have arranged to move next month (before our wedding & application). I would have preferred to stay but at least we won't expect complications now :)

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
If you go for premium service centre application (same-day processing), you won't have this problem, as you show details at the time you apply. If you apply by post, you are supposed to let them know any change in circumstance that may alter your application before it is processed, using the contact details for UKVI.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Joppa. I assumed I would probably have to correct it in some way but I never did work out exactly how. Hopefully it won't matter for us now :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.