Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I would love any kind of help/advice moving from Paris to southern France. I can't afford to hire movers and I don't dare drive a truck. Are there any relief organizations who help with moving? Another possibility might be to sell my things and buy new (loft, fridge, stove, desk) upon arrival. But who would buy these things? Can I list them somewhere *safe*? I am worried to invite strangers into my apartment . . . . Of course I also have personal effects that would require more than one trip I could make with 2 suitcases. Does anyone have any trustworthy resources? Thanks so much!

·
Administrator
48,498 Posts
As far as "relief organizations" go, it would probably depend upon your circumstances and why you are moving. If you're receiving assistance of any sort from the mairie, I would check with them to see what might be available.

As far as personal effects are concerned - why not mail them to your new address? Colissimo sells boxes you can fill up and simply mail.

Normally, the time to sell off your things will be at La Rentrée - just contact some of the expat groups in and around Paris and ask if you could advertise them in their publications. But right now most associations are shut down for the summer. You might also check the bulletin board over at the American Church in Paris - I'm told that's a very good place to advertise miscellaneous items for sale.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.