Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bonjour à tous,

Wow, I have been getting amazing responses to my résumés, only the jobs are in Paris and I live in Brittany at the moment. My husband and I would like to move to Paris but I am worried that if I move there from Brittany before I renew my titre de séjour, it will cause a problem. (I am using titre de séjour and carte de séjour terms interchangeably).

I am an American citizen married to a French man, and did the whole CDS thing in the Rennes office. The CDS expires in August 28,2012. If I get the job, the company expects me to start ASAP. That means moving to Paris before renewing at the Vannes préfecture in July.

I know Bev would know the answer to this, but others are welcome to chime in. What happens in that situation? Will I be able to renew it in Paris, or do they say, "You have to live in Brittany for the full year"?

Thanks for your input.
Hulagirl:love::love:

·
Administrator
51,922 Posts
AFAIK you have to notify the prefecture of your change of address (when it happens) - that will transfer your files to Paris and it will be there that you renew your carte/titre de séjour when the time comes.

But given that your CDS expires in August - you can apply to renew in June. If you have your change of address by then, by all means use it. Otherwise, renew in Britanny, and then give your change of address to the prefecture when you actually change address. (I know someone who moved prefectures while awaiting their naturalization. Everything went just fine.)
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

AFAIK you have to notify the prefecture of your change of address (when it happens) - that will transfer your files to Paris and it will be there that you renew your carte/titre de séjour when the time comes.

But given that your CDS expires in August - you can apply to renew in June. If you have your change of address by then, by all means use it. Otherwise, renew in Britanny, and then give your change of address to the prefecture when you actually change address. (I know someone who moved prefectures while awaiting their naturalization. Everything went just fine.)
Cheers,
Bev
Thanks Bev. That is a relief. I will double check with the Préfecture. Thanks also for letting me know I can renew in June. Makes a lot of sense.

A+ Hulagirl:ranger:

·
Registered
974 Posts
Bev, does this also apply if I move city before getting my first carte de sejour. I will be in Orleans to validate the visa/get the titre de sejour, but after that we'll be moving...seeing as I won't have been to the prefecture yet, who do I contact to notify the change?

·
Administrator
51,922 Posts
Bev, does this also apply if I move city before getting my first carte de sejour. I will be in Orleans to validate the visa/get the titre de sejour, but after that we'll be moving...seeing as I won't have been to the prefecture yet, who do I contact to notify the change?
The rule of thumb is to notify the prefecture when you change address. (They like to keep track of where us furriners are living.) Depending on the timing, they should transfer your file to wherever it is you're going - but like all things in France, this can take some time.

Actually, you should ask the question at your OFII visit. They'll probably tell you to go to the prefecture, but it pays to ask just to be sure. (You're definitely not the first person to be in this situation.)
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.