Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a newbie and not sure where to post. I am planning to to have a extended holiday in Benidorm with my two children (both under school age) whilst my partner is working over there for the year (could be a permenant thing) I plan on spending 2-3 months over the summer there next year. I have spoken to a couple of people who have holiday lets so would just be renting one of them whilst I'm there. im currently a stay at home parent so don't have have work commitments here etc.

The first two weeks of my stay will be a holiday then after that I want to do Normal things that I usually do,and basically live like a local. Not eating out everynight etc. We're saving up our money now, as we will still have bills to pay at home etc.

How much money should we save up, for when I'm there with the kids. obviously we still have my partners earnings coming in but could only afford around £800 monthly towards my living expenses whilst I'm there, if hat makes sense?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hi, does the €800 per month include your rental costs or is that figure after you've paid your fees? I live in Benidorm and I think you will only just scrape by on that figure with a couple of children with you.
Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rental cost will be paid in advance I will have no, bills other than food drinks, mobile phone etc. I want to save around £3000 then will have £800 coming in each month. So around £1800 per month with no rent or electricity to pay will I get by or will I be scraping by.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hi, with not having any bills to pay I should say that 800 will be sufficient.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts