Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. We are headed Down Under (Melbourne) from NYC in a couple of months and I'm wondering if anyone has used a reliable moving company. I've gotten a few quotes but would love some first hand accounts.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hello all. We are headed Down Under (Melbourne) from NYC in a couple of months and I'm wondering if anyone has used a reliable moving company. I've gotten a few quotes but would love some first hand accounts.

Thanks in advance!
I have heard that moving furniture is so expensive, that some choose to sell & then buy at the new location.

I guess it depends on the value of the furniture.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, of course we've thought of this. Regardless, we still need to ship stuff as we can't pack our whole lives into the airline allowance for luggage.

·
Registered
62 Posts
quotes

North American Van lines came out, gave us a quote on a 20 foot container at $10,000, USD, door to door. they pack, do the customs forms, and load. and unload and take packing away on the other side

upackweship gave us a quote of about 5k, door to door, but we have to pack and load into the container. the container is free to load for 2 hours. we also have to do the customs packing slip, etc for this.

not sure which way to go yet.,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts