Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We moved from Canada to the Gold Coast at the end of June. We were assured that our belongings would arrive at the beginning of September. We stayed at a holiday park for 2 months until we secured a house to move into. The rental market is very tough. We were competing against 15-20 other applicants and having no Australian credentials we were finding it difficult. We finally had to rent site unseen and only hope that the house was okay. We also had to pay on top of 2 weeks rent and the bond, 3 months rent. We moved in a the beginning of September with basically a cheap lounge, an outdoor table and chairs, mattresses on the floor and a fridge. Along with a supply of kitchen things borrowed from friends and family. We figured a couple of weeks like this and we would be fine even though we had a 3 and 4 year old, roughing it for a couple of weeks was okay.
That brings us to our nightmare........our container did indeed arrive at the beginning of September but we are now in a fight to get our goods released to us. The receiving agent has been completely dishonest in their practices, giving excuse after excuse why we can't receive our goods. If anyone would like the agents name please contact me. Upon further investigation online I find more than 20 complaints about this company with the EXACT same issues. Customs were taking too long, payment needed for fees that we had already paid for in Canada, release papers not received from the other agent. It just goes on and on.
So please don't rely on getting your goods in a timely manner, from all accounts from others that have been forced to use this company (it was just done by their forwarding agent) we will be lucky to see our stuff before Christmas. Please PM me if you want further information as dealing with this company has left us both upset and extremely stressed making us even rethink our decision for moving to Australia in the first place.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts