Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a US citizen who has been in Australia fro over 35 years. We find that we are moving back to the US. The daughter lives there and the wife wants to be closer.

So, we are now trying to get organized to move. We bought a house in the US all ready. I need to get the wife, she is Australian, a Green Card. Is there anywhere that will assist you with this. We are both over 60. We have been married over 30 years, so it is not a marriage of convenience.

Also is there a moving company that is good at this and will assist with all the paperwork. That is not a strong point for me I'm afraid.

Any guidance will be happily accepted.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Start by working your way through the section "family based visa" then "vaccinations". Have wife and daughter do the same.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate.html

Are your tax returns current?

There is no assistance but an attorney and a good one is as scarce as hen's teeth.

Use the search function. The question about movers AUS to US has come up several times recently. We are frequent movers - clean out, clean out, clean out!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, My tax is finally done. I hadn't filed since 1976, but now all good. I hope.

thanks for the link and the info. i'll struggle through it

Cheers...........Chip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts