Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will not be moving many things, just some suitcases, speakers, projector and some kitchen stuff, but will not be able to do it by plane. We were considering hiring a car and driving ourselves but then we would have to return the car to Italy and then fly to uk. Too much effort and expense.

Does anyone know of a car hiring service that allows a drop off in another country? Rather than returning it? I have been searching but have had no luck.

Or any removal companies that do small jobs for a good price? Private career? Or any other suggestions? Should I post this in another forum?

Thanks to anyone you will read and feel like lending some advice.

Ciao :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know enterprise has offices all over and different countries so might be worth giving them a ring...not sure but they did come to mind

·
Registered
47 Posts
In January of this year, I had to pick up a new car from Monte Carlo. I tried to hire a car in Italy and drop it off in Monaco, but it was absolutely impossible. I ended up paying someone to come from Monte Carlo to Piemonte and take me back with them and drop me off there. I think your best bet is to try to find someone who is doing a similar journey and sharing costs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies. I think I have found company through a service on the expat forum. That will do the door to door move for a good price. "I Think"....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts