Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I've been in Dubai for 14 months and am leaving to go back to the UK. Not massively happy about it, but we'll see!

I've searched the forum for the usual tax questions about what to do with my savings in my UAE bank account, but I'm still not sure with respect to my exact situation...

- I've been here 14 months
- I won't be earning a salary for a couple of months when I first get back
- I can make sure I'm not in the country for more than 90 days this tax year by basing myself outside for periods until April.
- I should know nearer to Spring where I will be based and paid properly from then on - maybe UK, maybe US.

Basically I'm going back home to start a company with some former colleagues, so won't be taking a salary for a few months and can be based from anyway while we get it going.

Please can someone advise me what is the best thing to do with my UAE savings. I've asked my current employer not to cancel my residency visa or notify the bank for at least a month until I get things sorted. I have no debts here.

Thank you

Sam

·
Registered
95 Posts
Are you asking from the perspective of how to avoid taxation or of how to invest the funds?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.