1) Sorry dont know.Hey guys,
I have many questions, I have tried over the last couple of weeks to find the answers and I guess I am not looking in the right places or asking the right questions.
I am hoping to move to Dubai with my family. I am currently a 33 year old head of Computer Science looking for head of department roles but really want Assistant head posts, my wife is a Higher Level Teaching Assistant with a focus on Literacy, our daughter will be four when we move over I am looking at schools with accommodation and free sibling places.
1) Does Dubai actually have lots for a four year old to do, I have seen lots on the internet about how great it is, but I would like real world examples.
2) How expensive is Dubai, I am wanting to save some money and eat out once or twice a month, nothing crazy. From research (which might be wrong) the average salary for HoD in Dubai is 18,000 AED a month. I don’t drink really, I don’t smoke, just experience stuff, not have a crazy lifestyle. It is likely I would be able to put some money aside or is that a crazy pipe dream.
3) Would I need a car to get around, if people believe I do, how expensive are cars in Dubai.
4) Last and most importantly I guess. Would you guys recommend it?
Thanks for your time it is really gonna help.
2) You can get cost of living in the forum itself, check out the Salary/offer package link http://www.expatforum.com/expats/du...ary-offer-package-questions-part-2-a-377.html
3) Yes, you might, Corolla comes at 60-65K AED, Camry 75-90k AED, SUV approx 110-120AED.
4) I dont know what you and your wife are currently earning, thus, I am sorry I wont be able to comment.