Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have little question if anybody could help please.

I moved to Australia in 2011, lived here for 15 months, then for 10 months went to dubai for a job.

I came back in 2013 and since then I have been living here.

I would qualify for citizenship in december 2015 by completing three years out of four for of living here.

Here is the question now,
I intend to visit dubai for three months starting from January 2016 to March 2016. At that time I will not have citizenship or passport but will have visa which expires in May 2016.

When I come back to Australia in April 2016 will I still qualify for citizenship considering three years spent between 2011 and 2015? And will the period of 3 months starting from January 2016 to March 2016 would be counted when calculating three years of residency in Australia.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,
Justin

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Hi All,

I have little question if anybody could help please.

I moved to Australia in 2011, lived here for 15 months, then for 10 months went to dubai for a job.

I came back in 2013 and since then I have been living here.

I would qualify for citizenship in december 2015 by completing three years out of four for of living here.

Here is the question now,
I intend to visit dubai for three months starting from January 2016 to March 2016. At that time I will not have citizenship or passport but will have visa which expires in May 2016.

When I come back to Australia in April 2016 will I still qualify for citizenship considering three years spent between 2011 and 2015? And will the period of 3 months starting from January 2016 to March 2016 would be counted when calculating three years of residency in Australia.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,
Justin
Use the residency calculator to determine your eligibility. Residence Calculator

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
You need to look at the 4 years immediately before you apply. You cannot be outside Australia for more than 12 months in that 4 year period, and no more than 3 months within the 12 months immediately before applying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts