Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are movie tickets really needed for a 2 year old? I got charged twice for taking my kid at Festival City Grand Cinemas but remember not being charged at movie halls in Deira City center or MOE.

So which one is it? Charge or not be Charged?

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
As per Reel Cinemas, all children below the height of 1.1M need to have a ticket purchased. Toddlers can enter for free but won't be entitled to a seat for themselves.
If it's a kid's movie, they will charge your kid. If you can sneak into the cinema with your 2 year old for an adult movie, you're lucky but then again, kids shouldn't really be in the cinema hall unless it's a G rated movie made specially for them.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another Rule - No toddlers allowed for movies after 7pm. Not even the PG ones. Grrr....

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Shouldn't toddlers be in bed after 7pm anyway?
You should read this book called, Go the F#!k to Sleep. Hit me up on PM and I can send it to you and also the audio version which is read by Samuel L. Jackson... that book is awesome....

In what ideal-world does that happen? Anyways, that's off topic.
Looks like someone identifies with the above mentioned book even if he/she hasn't read it. :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You should read this book called, Go the F#!k to Sleep. Hit me up on PM and I can send it to you and also the audio version which is read by Samuel L. Jackson... that book is awesome....

Looks like someone identifies with the above mentioned book even if he/she hasn't read it. :D
Ooo I would like to get the audio version :) Lets see what the Jackson daug has to say about it :)

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
Yeah, I have a kid who used to take up to 2 hours to sleep so I can relate :D

Even so...and to each his own....a toddler should not be in a movie hall after 7pm. It's just plain annoying when people bring their little kids to the cinema and they start screaming and howling and causing a general nuisance. The general public should not pay the price because a parent is willing to sacrifice a kid's comfort so they can watch a movie.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Even so...and to each his own....a toddler should not be in a movie hall after 7pm. It's just plain annoying when people bring their little kids to the cinema and they start screaming and howling and causing a general nuisance. The general public should not pay the price because a parent is willing to sacrifice a kid's comfort so they can watch a movie.
Yeh I assumed that was probably the reason why they have a Policy on it.

Going in the mornings are stress-free anyways. You get the whole theater to yourself and my kid can run up and down the cinema stairs without causing anyone any pain :D... 10 mins later she's sound asleep and I can watch the whole movie in peace.

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
But then they would be breaking the law that requires parents to take their children to Carre Four at 11 pm and fill them with drinks featuring ingredients banned in 36 other countries.
Honestly Mr. Rossi, it's unbelievable! :eek: The parenting style in Dubai is quite shocking!

·
Registered
63 Posts
.....what a wonderful world we live in......I still belong to the one where kids are at home getting ready (or pretending to get ready) to sleep after 8 pm..but again this is Dubai.....:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
346 Posts
I like the policy of no kids after 7. Paying for a ticket for your 2 year old has to be a lot cheaper than paying a babysitter. Good for you that you take your toddler to the day shows. I wish all mothers with toddlers would do that and spare the adults from having to be subjected to them at later shows. It just leaves us to deal with big kids - talking to each other and on their mobiles.

There's a time and a place for kids. And there's a time and a place for adults. Most adults don't what to share their time and place with toddlers - especially when the adults have to pay for it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I also hate it when the person sitting next to you starts shaking his leg so hard that your seat and the entire row can feel it...!! How can they put that down as a rule?!?!??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.