Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been in tanauan leyte a week. I like it. Wifes family has been great. Gave us some really nice land a ways away. Nice and remote and peaceful. Clean air. Motly agriculture here. Wifes dad is great guy. up on usa farming methods. Harvest ALOT of rice and gulay crops 3 times a yr. Planning our new house now. Until next time.

·
Super Moderator
3,603 Posts
On family land

Been in tanauan leyte a week. I like it. Wifes family has been great. Gave us some really nice land a ways away. Nice and remote and peaceful. Clean air. Motly agriculture here. Wifes dad is great guy. up on usa farming methods. Harvest ALOT of rice and gulay crops 3 times a yr. Planning our new house now. Until next time.
Way to go Lefties and good for you...I have been doing something similar living on family land, rebuilt the family home over the years.

Sounds like the family is well to do you... so your really blessed.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Internet

will post pics asap. im in town in cafe. Havent found a local wi fi signal yet to use my laptop to post pics. its a little rural...
Tacloban Robinsons is my main wifi spot in town there. Very interested in what you end up with internet-wise. I know Globe is laying cable across the way in Samar.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
far from tacloban,,wont fit my purpose. Preparing for super typhoon here now. Town is preparing evacuation center etc.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I just saw some air shots of Tanauan and it looks bad. They are running out of food and water too. I hope Lefties and family are safe. I feel helpless watching all the terrible carnage. The best I can do is donate to the PH Red Cross.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Our nephew's friend survived there but don't know anything besides that.
Latest CNN news today (11/14/2013 is that most major roads are open into the area now and that cell towers are being brought back online. So hopefully information and contact with survivors will become possible. Terrible thing for a country like this one..

·
Registered
998 Posts
Our relatives

Latest CNN news today (11/14/2013 is that most major roads are open into the area now and that cell towers are being brought back online. So hopefully information and contact with survivors will become possible. Terrible thing for a country like this one..
Our relatives have had to go to Catbalogan City for cell reception or money. Lines are 100-200 long at Western Union or Moneygram.

Bad thing is the National Hwy was blown out 3 miles north so they have to go south past Guiauan then back up to Taft to cut west to Catbalogan City adding 100s of miles to the trip. Fortunately people are only charging 300P for the trip instead of gouging.

Here are pics of the road and gateway to Eastern Samar. This is the stretch 3-5 miles up from where I stay on vacation in Bolusao, Lawaan, E. Samar.

Bolusao is 66 miles south of the San Juanico bridge in E. Samar and has been forgotten so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lovely in Leyte

I have been to Leyte and plan to die (not too soon) their. I met wonderful people who live in Malitbog and Sogod. This is my 1st. post on this site. I am an American, I live in the U.S. also. I luckily found this site before the typhoon. It was very helpful in keeping track of my loved ones their. Bless You. I wish I was their now.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
My mother in law is from Baybay so has some family in the area. An aunt lost her roof but overall the damage there was light. The big problem they are having is buying provisions. A lot of the rice in the stores got wet which they are still selling, at higher prices. Also poeple from the less fortunate areas are comming in and buying everything up. The price of fuel has doubled to 100p per litre. What they have beeen doing is to catch the local ferry to Cebu city to buy tanks of gas and other stuff.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
we survived,phils military officer called me a hero for saving a family,,no electic here,,house was demolished. wife and unborn child are well. talk again when I have net. im in public 15 min only...I have videos-we were in theeye.
We have really wondering how you made out there with that typhoon. Seemed so strange that you had made the move to get away from severe weather events and then got had by that typhoon!
Sure glad you and your wife are okay and doing alright. Sorry to hear about you home though and hope you will be able to get things worked out before long.
Perhaps Subic would still be the better place as is closer to and has far more support systems very close at hand in times of need or disasters.
Take good care and do post when you are able.

Best Wishes from all of us and the Expat Forum site...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
we survived,phils military officer called me a hero for saving a family,,no electic here,,house was demolished. wife and unborn child are well. talk again when I have net. im in public 15 min only...I have videos-we were in theeye.
I am glad to hear that you made it thru safely. I was concerned that your wife might have been induced into labor from the pressure drop of the storm.

Hope that the power gets restored soon.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts