Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

After being stung by several solicitors (terrible experience) we have decided to complete the application ourselves.

I have been living with my spouse at his mothers house since June this year but I am still paying rent (and Council tax) as my tenancy in my flat does not end until September 28th.

We plan on living here permanently until we can save for our house deposit.

We have a letter from my in-law stating that I have been living here since June and that we can do so indefinitely.

We are getting a Property Inspection Report as well.

My question is in regards to the application itself. Do I say that I am renting privately and list my monthly rent etc? As it then asks for details such as number of bedrooms (which is 2 at the rental but 4 at my inlaws home).

I am essentially worried that we put 2 bedrooms for the rental and that conflicts with the Property Inspection Report which is at my inlaws home.

Does the fact that I am still privately renting and paying council tax for that property mean that I must put that as the place I am living at or can I just say I am now permanently living at my inlaws? ( which I am).

All my bills other than utilities for the rental have been switched to my inlaws address.

I also have a letter from my flatmate confirming that I have not been living there since June and yet still meeting my rental obligations.

Sorry if the question sounds confusing and hope that it is a clear enough question.

Thank you so much in advance, the help you provide on this website is absolutely incredible.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Just say nothing about the rental you are paying for. It has nothing to do with your application and they don't need to know (and won't be interested).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Joppa. So should I just put the rental as another previous address and then put where I have been living since June in my application? I thought that maybe as I was paying council tax for that rental in a different borough, that legally that is my place of residence and it would be cross referenced or something? If not then fantastic as that saves me having to contact the god awful landord for proof of tenancy.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You don't need to say anything about where you used to live - what is of interest to Home Office is where you intend to live with your partner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Joppa, I need urgent further help from you if possible. We have our appointment booked for Sept 2nd for the premium same day service in Croydon so gathering all the final documents and realised we don't have an original copy of my mother's property deeds. She is mortgage free and owns it outright (father passed last year). Do we need her property deeds proof ?

Our property inspection report is tomorrow so we have that and her sponsorship letter allowing us to live there indefinitely. If we need the deeds do you know the fastest method of getting these? I feel as though through the gov may be too slow.

Finally do we need a cover letter for the Same day in person service? Is it recommended?

Thank you so much again.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hi Joppa, I need urgent further help from you if possible. We have our appointment booked for Sept 2nd for the premium same day service in Croydon so gathering all the final documents and realised we don't have an original copy of my mother's property deeds. She is mortgage free and owns it outright (father passed last year). Do we need her property deeds proof ?

Our property inspection report is tomorrow so we have that and her sponsorship letter allowing us to live there indefinitely. If we need the deeds do you know the fastest method of getting these? I feel as though through the gov may be too slow.

Finally do we need a cover letter for the Same day in person service? Is it recommended?

Thank you so much again.
If the property was purchased after 1980 a Property record will be held by Land Registry. You can access the Land Registry site and obtain the document you require for a fee...I believe it is £4.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.