Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm single looking to move to Singapore in June/July . Work will be in Woodlands. Will be using public transport as I will not have a car.
Can anyone suggest a place to live? What would I get if I had S$2000-3000 to spend.

thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi all, I'm single looking to move to Singapore in June/July . Work will be in Woodlands. Will be using public transport as I will not have a car.
Can anyone suggest a place to live? What would I get if I had S$2000-3000 to spend.

thanks
Is $2000-$3000 budgeted for accommodation? If so, you may get either a condo (with facilities such as swimming pool, tennis court, gym etc) in Woodlands, Admiralty, Yishun. For your budget, you can get a two bedroom place or a studio apartment in condos in those areas.
However, I am not sure if there are many condominiums in those areas.

Otherwise, you can get a HDB apartment (public apartment) without facilities. You can get a apartment within your budget.
Transportation is convenient in Singapore. You can travel via the MRT (mass rapid transport-similar to the tube)

·
Registered
30 Posts

thanks
What a blessed place to work in! Rental is relatively cheap in this area.

The below are some of the condos you can look into which are near the MRT:
  1. Casablanca
  2. Rosewood Condo
  3. Woodgrove Condo

If you are single and looking for just a room in these condo the rental will be around the range of

Private condo
Common room - $900
Master room - $1300

HDB (government subsidised projects)
Common room - $700
Master room - $1100

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the information. For the price will these places be unfurnished. I still have not decided to bring furniture or find a place that is furnished.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What a blessed place to work in! Rental is relatively cheap in this area.

The below are some of the condos you can look into which are near the MRT:
  1. Casablanca
  2. Rosewood Condo
  3. Woodgrove Condo

If you are single and looking for just a room in these condo the rental will be around the range of

Private condo
Common room - $900
Master room - $1300

My own lease is up in July and we have been apartment hunting. The prices have all gone up. We were looking at places in the city and they are so expensive and go really quickly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you for the information. For the price will these places be unfurnished. I still have not decided to bring furniture or find a place that is furnished.
Some places are fully furnished and others are partially furnished-such as washing machine, and fridge.

But I have been apartment hunting as well since my lease is up for renewal and the landlord wants a 12% increase. We have decided to pay a higher price and move closer to the city.
The offer we had put in is for $4000. We are hoping that it may be accepted but most city or near city apartments are going for more than $6000.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks the info. I'm over here at the moment having a look around. Quite a lot indifferent conditions.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Gwen Macpherson: you could list on one of the many Room Mate sites - where people post for room mate wanted .. kind of ads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts