Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm from Vietnam, and I think I have enough qualifications to find a software engineering/IT job abroad.

Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore - those are the countries I had in mind.

However, I am not familiar with the process...

Are there websites where you first search for a job, do a Skype interview, then move, or

You first move as a tourist, and then you find a job in those countries?

Thank you : ).

·
Administrator
51,628 Posts
Most countries these days require an employer to sponsor a work visa request. That means you have to find the job first, get your potential employer to get the appropriate authorization to hire a foreigner, and then once that authorization is filed with the consulate, you apply for a work visa. You normally must apply for a long-stay visa from outside the country - usually from the country in which you are resident at the time of your application.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

I'm from Vietnam, and I think I have enough qualifications to find a software engineering/IT job abroad.

Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore - those are the countries I had in mind.

However, I am not familiar with the process...

Are there websites where you first search for a job, do a Skype interview, then move, or

You first move as a tourist, and then you find a job in those countries?

Thank you : ).

It totally depends up to you ,But I think first you find a job in abroad is good decision.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.