Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Oh wow, what I was told (based on expereince) that PR is not that long to achieve ... but are these timelines same even when the company is assiting you?

yes true, we are doing good in Dubai; but in longer term we can't settle in our countries (due to economy, safety etc.) and UAE never gives PR/Nationality to foreigners ... so end of the day, we still need a place to call home !
The rule is before you can apply for a PR, you need to complete 2 years on your temporary worker visa 457 (which i assume you are going to be on) and then once you apply for PR it takes another 1 year or so to get the PR so that's around 3 years total.

Try to decide the "purpose" of your move, if purpose is to find a permanent home (trust me i know how u feel) and since Dubai doesn't give PR or passport so it could be a good idea to gain a sense of security / belonging, Your kids will also benefit tremendously (all kids born and raised in the Gulf region suffer tremendously from an identity crisis). Being a temporary worker visa in the gulf region ur entire life with no where else to go is a shi**y feeling.

Regarding future prospects / potential no one can predict or tell you, with globalization business environments pretty much the same all over the world, Australia though being extremely expensive. And you mentioned your wife faced trouble in the UK with her business? Well you can expect similar very competitive environment in Australia.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.