Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, basically my situation is this. In about a years time I will be a fully qualified mechanic, with a bit of work experience. I also have relatives in Melbourne and will only be 21. Do you think I stand a realistic chance of getting out there?
Any advice/comments will be greatly appreciated

Your O.D

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there OD

Welcome to the forum.

Well you have age, your job and australian relatives all in your favour.

Here are the details of the 176 skilled, sponsored visa Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176) . You will be able to see who qualifies to sponsor you.

I think this visa would probably be your best bet.

You could also go down the sponsorship route of either a State or company (details of all visas can be found in the "please read: helpful websites........" sticky at the top of the forum page).

Anyhoo, why not check out all the visa types and then come back with any questions.

Also, have a look at all the stickies at the top of the forum page, there's loads of info there too.

Dolly

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Soninlaw is motor mechanic & has a 176 victoria state sponsership visa which he got in 3 months back in the uk, you have to get your skills ass with vetasses & email liveinvictoria for to apply for state sponership before you can apply for the 176 visa, he got a job the first week he arrived in melbourne;

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for your responses and information :)

Just a few questions regarding the family sponsorship on the 176 visa. How much does it cost to my sponsoring relative and how long does it usually take? If anybodys got any information from personal experience or knows anything id really appreciate it.

Thanks people :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Dolly,

I am immigrating to Australia together with my husband and two kids aged 12 and 7, have seen the various posts on this site from you, which are very informative and at the same time help plan better.

I am immigrating as an Accountant under the Skilld Migrant Visa 175 and my husband as a motor mechanic.

Here in India we were having our own Automobile Workshop, husband initially intends to work in some workshop and gradually look into the feasibility of running a workshop, can you suggest where all can I get details on the pre requisites to work as a mechanic in Australia as also in case you are aware of sites giving information on setting up or taking over small shops.

Thanks,
Priya

1 - 5 of 5 Posts