Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I added my mother as a dependent applicant when submitted my application on Immi account. The department is asking me to submit proofs that she is totally dependent upon me. The following points they sent me in order to establish evidence:-

"Your mother will be considered dependent if all of the following apply:
1) they do not have a spouse or de facto partner
2) they usually live with you
3) they are wholly or substantially reliant on your financial support for their basic living needs (food, shelter and clothing)
4) they are more reliant on you for support than on any other person or source
5) they have relied on you for at least the 12 months immediately before you lodge your application.
You have provided suitable evidence to demonstrate the first two points. Please consider what evidence you can provide to meet the final three points. "

Can anyone please guide what documents should be prepared in order to establish proofs for points 3,4 and 5.

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Malianwar

In my opinion, the following can be submitted//

3) a self declaration that your mother (better if age above 60) is not working and does not have any other source of income. If possible a bank statement with minimal transactions will be helpful.

4) Not sure how to do.. sworn affidavit or letter; but you need to explain your family situation, brothers, sisters etc

5) a visa copy in case you and mother are living outside your home country would be better, if not then some address proves that your addresses are same should suffice.

Also I suggest before you proceed with these docs, you seek advice of some seniors as my info is based on my study of forum and they may be able to refer some real cases.

All the best and keep posting how your case proceeding.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hello Malianwar,

In my case I declared that my mother was drawing a pension of 12k INR, using the same on medical bills if any, charity as well as buying gifts for family.

Don't worry about proving each point individually.
I showed the following to prove her dependency.

1. Sworn in affidavit saying she lives with me at the same address and the voter Id.
2. Lpg cylinder statement (luckily the connection was in her name) reflecting current address.
3. Father's death certificate.
4. Mother's legal group certificate.
5. The family book(ration card)
6. Mobile recharge receipts for last 3 years
7. Travel tickets I have booked in her name for the last 2 years.

Luckily I was using freecharge site for topping mobile credits, and the red bus app was sending those tickets to my email, hence this was possible!

All the very best!

Reactions: malianwar11

·
Registered
253 Posts
One more point, give her bank statement and yours as well and make sure they both reflect your current address. This was the last document with which my CO team was convinced! Certainly, they would want you to prove whatever you're saying is right on the book!

Reactions: malianwar11

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Thanks for your messages. Well they don't have problem with the fact that my mother is living with me. i submitted the family relationship certificate in order to show there are no siblings except me and the ID card plus police certificates show my and her address to be the same. Therefore, they are ok with this.

However, they want additional proofs that she doesn't has any other source of income. I am planning to submit telephone bills for the last one year. The telephone bill comes on my name.

But I am confused whether to show them the electricity bill or not because that's on my mothers name and also the house we r living in is on my mothers name as well. I am afraid that this might not go against my case in order to proof that she is dependent on me as she owns a property. I am already in process of preparing affidavit.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just get last two years of bank statement and furnish the same! That should do it!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have submitted telephone bills starting from Jan 2014, Statement from family doctor I am taking care of my mother, declaration from family relative and Undertaking from my side about my mothers dependency and job certificate from my mothers employer that she is not entitled to any sort of old age benefits and pension.

Now waiting for their reply. Medical has already been done for both of us.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have submitted telephone bills starting from Jan 2014, Statement from family doctor I am taking care of my mother, declaration from family relative and Undertaking from my side about my mothers dependency and job certificate from my mothers employer that she is not entitled to any sort of old age benefits and pension.

Now waiting for their reply. Medical has already been done for both of us.
you can also add your mother's relatives like her brother,mother,brother and so on declaration that your mother is dependent living with you and dependent on you.

It will help you to make your stand strong. You can also show your current payment of insurance policy and one year old insurance policy.

These such documents make your stand strong and clear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts