Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Can i include my mother in my VISA 175 application? She is a widow and she does not have any source of income. She is a widow. Can i include her later on in my application or do i need to include her now? What is the Visa fees for the same? Do they charge extra for this?
Please help. Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi
YOu can include her in your application provided you can really satisfy the CO that she is dependent on you.

Your CO will ask for documents that can satisfy him for her dependency on you like transferring money in her bank account from your bank account, proof that she is living with you, proof that nobody else can take care of her in your home country other then you. Your other cisrcumstances realted to your brothers and sisters in India may also be discussed.
She will have to address the IELTS issue as well. Either have to sit for IELTS or would have to pay around 2000 Dollars extra to DIAC if she doesnt want to sit for IELTS. IELTS may not be required if she holds a Bachelors degree and have studied in english medium school/college.

You cannot include her after lodging your application.

Please note , the general perception is that parents should be added in your application only if there is real need for it otherwise it may complicate your process.

All above is based on my personal experience. Others may have different views.

Regards
Roofi

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi deepz, you need to include her now, applying for a visa for her later would mean 10 years of waiting period for her.
i hope you can prove she is a dependent on you. all you would need is a letter form friends, neighbors saying she stays with you and has no income. her bank statement with entrees of you depositing money in her account or proof to show she has no income. it isnt difficult.

my suggestions, include her now, dont keep it fr later, parent visa is a long wait

1 - 3 of 3 Posts