Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! :)

I'm just wondering if it is absolutely necessary for me to provide the land registry document to prove I am the homeowner. It's just that I've realised the register is in my maiden name and all my other supporting documents are in my married name. I have looked into changing my name on the register and all I've got is a very confusing 6 page document which I really cannot make head nor tail of as none of it seems to relate to a change of details. I would prefer to avoid it if at all possible but just want to make sure I wouldnt be missing an important supporting document if I did.

I have got my mortgage agreement/statements, council tax bill, utility bills - would these be sufficient?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hi all! :)

I'm just wondering if it is absolutely necessary for me to provide the land registry document to prove I am the homeowner. It's just that I've realised the register is in my maiden name and all my other supporting documents are in my married name. I have looked into changing my name on the register and all I've got is a very confusing 6 page document which I really cannot make head nor tail of as none of it seems to relate to a change of details. I would prefer to avoid it if at all possible but just want to make sure I wouldnt be missing an important supporting document if I did.

I have got my mortgage agreement/statements, council tax bill, utility bills - would these be sufficient?

Thanks in advance
Land Registry or Title deed is required. It is unusual to have Mortgage in different name, Building Societies etc are normally very predantic on such matters. If ever you move house, the name will need correcting as this will create conveyancing difficulties. So probably now is a good time to get the record updated. An alternative could be to supply Marriage Certificate, which MAY be used to validate, but that is not certain.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info! I should have known really. I'm sure there will be some kind of guidance online somewhere for filling it out. We are applying end of June-ish once hubby gets his English test report form back so have a reasonable amount of time to sort it out.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thank you for the info! I should have known really. I'm sure there will be some kind of guidance online somewhere for filling it out. We are applying end of June-ish once hubby gets his English test report form back so have a reasonable amount of time to sort it out.

This may help you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.