Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

I'm nearly finished my FLR(M) form for the appointment on this Thursday 19/4 and I'm just not sure about the mortagage amount when fill in the form.

For example, the mortage need to pay £300 monthly but we pay £400 in order to get better interest rate afterwards. Should I fill the amount of £300 or £400?

If fill the amount of £300 and we just received a letter from the bank saying that from next month, the amount will need to be £310 due to increase on the interest rate. So should I fill the new amount of £310 but it will not show on the bank statement yet?

Also, my bf will have the wage increase on next month and got the letter confirmed by his employer, should i fill in the new wages or current wages?

Many thanks xxx

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
On the mortgage, I'd put the actual payment amount, and then a little note that you pay extra to bring down the interest rate; on the wages, I'd put the current, with a note and the letter regarding the upcoming wage increase.

You have a required amount to repay on the mortgage and you pay extra, that's got to be a serious plus! In other words, you can meet the monthly payment plan without a problem, and can even afford to go a bit extra on repayment of the loan. The extra money, therefore, could be spent on other things and you chose to spend it on the mortgage (very, very smart thinking, my husband did the same thing years ago and we are in a mortgage free home now). It shows you have disposable income.

With the wages, though, it's a little different. This is the amount you have and are getting-the promised salary bump is just that, promised. It isn't money in the bank just yet.

But it looks very wonderful for your BF that he is doing so well at his job that his employer has put a promise wage increase into writing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the mortgage, I'd put the actual payment amount, and then a little note that you pay extra to bring down the interest rate; on the wages, I'd put the current, with a note and the letter regarding the upcoming wage increase.

You have a required amount to repay on the mortgage and you pay extra, that's got to be a serious plus! In other words, you can meet the monthly payment plan without a problem, and can even afford to go a bit extra on repayment of the loan. The extra money, therefore, could be spent on other things and you chose to spend it on the mortgage (very, very smart thinking, my husband did the same thing years ago and we are in a mortgage free home now). It shows you have disposable income.

With the wages, though, it's a little different. This is the amount you have and are getting-the promised salary bump is just that, promised. It isn't money in the bank just yet.

But it looks very wonderful for your BF that he is doing so well at his job that his employer has put a promise wage increase into writing.
Thanks, AmericanInScotland! So do you mean I put a post it note (the yellow one)on the form to explain?

Yes, we are trying our best to saving most of our money to put towards to the mortgage to get a secure fanicial future!! :)

So, just finger cross on my Thursday appointment and surely will come back to update the result. Hope my explanation for the police registration certificate is accept..........nervous!!!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
On the application the US applicants fill out there is a space at the bottom for additional notes, not sure if your application is formatted the same way. If not, a separate letter expanding on any sections (like the mortgage, wage increase, and police registration) can be attached, I'm sure.

A4 size, and try to be concise-keeping it all on one side of the page.

Nervous, no doubt! Every one of us who have been through the process are nervous until a week after we arrive in the UK with the new visa, lol! You should be fine, and I have my fingers crossed for you that everything goes smoothly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.