1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If they were to expect anything other than chaos in Cairo, then that would indeed be news!
I should have added 'worse than usual'. They say you get used to everything...I obviously have spent too much time in Egypt.

I read somewhere they are deploying 20,000 cops to secure Morsi's move to Court. My feeling is if Morsi actually attends the session tomorrow, the whole thing will be postponed due to 'security concerns' or something ridiculous.

They haven't even confirmed where he will be tried...

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Yes I suspect it will be delayed and delayed and delayed..

Yesterday I passed by a UAE embassy ( I pass it often) and I see they now have a huge concrete barrier in front of the door.. I am guessing to stop anyone ramming a car through. The side street of the embassy is covered in razor wire ...

I am going to stay at home this week.. no point in going to look for trouble

·
Registered
478 Posts
.... It's a foregone conclusion that Morsi and his band of fascists will undergo a series of mock trials while jailed for two years, and like Mubarak and family will be released as they won't be legally able to hold them any longer without a full trial...... Nothing ever gets finished in Egypt. Only death is final and there will be more of that on the streets for years.

Eco-Mariner

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Today they announced the trial will be held at the Police Academy in New Cairo. Same location as Mubarak's trial.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts