Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

i dont know if anyone can help, i met my wife in england, she come on family visa, i got married to her in england, sorted all the paper work in england, and she went back to morroco to give the paper work. the visa was refused, because not not enough evidence of the relationship. the visa was refused on 07/4/15, appeal was done on 27/4/15. now waiting for the court date. just wanted to know how long will it take.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What did you submit as relationship proofs to be rejected ?
proof i submited was wedding pic, whats app messages, birthday cards. i hope it doesnt take one year, my solicitor is saying it will take 4 months.

·
Registered
39,061 Posts
4 months or less if overturned by ECM review, up to a year for tribunal hearing.
You need to print out the full wording of rejection letter.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Appeal can take more than a year but if you reapply ,it will take less time covering the point raised on the refusal letter .if you type the exact wording of the refusal letter ,moderators would give an advise .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
getting married in uk is not permissible activityon the entry clearance. there are saying the relationship began on 11/1/15 and got married on 2/2/15. there are no documents to confirm we stayed together during that time.there saying the pic were only wedding pic. but in regards to i began my relationship on 11/1/15, which is wrong that was the date i got married islamic marriage. i met my wife in oct.

·
Registered
39,061 Posts
Don't summarise it. Print out the FULL TEXT of your refusal letter.

·
Registered
474 Posts
You can take a picture and press to the three points near send on the top then u see attach an image you press there and u download the image then you press on send .
Or you can type it if you find it difficult to attach .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't summarise it. Print out the FULL TEXT of your refusal letter.
you and your sponsor were married in the uk on 02/02/15 and you have provided a copy of your marriage certificate.i note that you met your sponsor whilst you were in the uk on a family visit visa.issued on 15/8/14. getting married in the uk is not a permissible activity on the entry clearance you. has at the time. you stated at the time of this application you intended to remin for only 30 days instead you remained from 28/8/14 to 06/02/15, a period of 5 months. in this time you state you met your spouse and entered into a marriage with him.of which there is no indication as to when or in what circumstance you and your sponsor met. you state your relationship began on 11/01/15 and you entered into marriage on 02/02/15 only 22days later.you state you are living together howeever there are no documents confirming this. photographs provided are only of the wedding. and there are no documents confirming you have met each other in person at any other time. chat logs provided only cover period from 09/01/15- 26/01/15 is period of 17 days. for there reasons above i therefore am not satisfied your relationship with your sponcor is genuine and subsisling or that you intend to live together perminanty in the uk.

·
Registered
39,061 Posts
Several points here.
You married in UK while you are on visit visa, which isn't allowed.
You stated on your visit visa application you were staying for a maximum of 30 days but ended up remaining 5 months, which is dishonest.
You didn't state how you met and where.
You said your relationship began on 11th January and married on 2nd Feb, only 22 days later.
No evidence of living together.
Photo and chat log evidence gives no hint of how long you have been in relationship.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
That looks like bad news, I'm afraid. You broke immigration rules by marrying on a visitor visa, and also greatly overshot the length of stay you stated to the border force officer... Did you include with your visa application a letter explaining the length of your stay and circumstances of your marriage? It sounds like they were 100% correct to refuse your visa. I have NO AUTHORITY to say this, I'm just a fellow applicant waiting on a visa status, but I highly doubt your appeal will be successful. There are several very legitimate counts by which you were refused; some of which could be remediated by providing adequate documentation in a new application, and others at which you will simply fall at the mercy of UKVI :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i spoke to my solicitor before i got married to her in uk, and my solicitor adv me it was ok to get married to her in uk. the few points which was raised. 1) she didn't over stay as she has visa for 6months. I did say how we met but it looks like the home office missed that point. and also the relationship began in oct 2014. but my whats app messages got delated. since she has gone back to morrocco i have visited her 2 times.

·
Registered
39,061 Posts
Your solicitor was wrong.
Yes, but stating she is staying the maximum of 30 days but ending up remaining 5 months counts as dishonesty, and Home Office are increasingly taking a dim view of it.
Maybe you didn't show your relationship evidence clearly enough.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
It's so disheartening to see people being misled by immigration solicitors... Really, UKVI is quite clear on the restrictions of a visitor visa.

From https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview

You can’t:
marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership
It incenses me that people would be given such blatantly bad advice from a person in a trusted legal position.

·
Registered
474 Posts
pointless having lawyers,charging them is only a waste of money ,rules are clear about marrying on visitor visa ,I would thank god I have found this forum ,especially Joppa who helped me a lot .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
but its not illegal to get married, the the register office should have refused to do the civil partnership. the home office should put in place that the register offce should not do any civil marriage if any one comes for family visit visa.. so ive not broken any law.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.