Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not wanting to hijack other posters' threads, I have some concern over the proof of our savings and any advice would be appreciated.

We are going to use two accounts to prove savings requirement is met. One seems to offer instant withdrawal before maturity so that would be OK although I would ask the bank to write something to confirm that.

The other requires 24 hours notice which is not acceptable, I think?
Could we transfer the fixed deposit to our savings account before applying?
How soon before should this be done? Within the same 28 days or should it be done closer to the time of application?

That savings account is in a passbook form so I guess we would need to submit that to show the transfer along with a statement to show the savings were in a fixed deposit at least six months previously?

Problem is that this bank does not issue monthly statements and their printout of transactions is less than professional looking! I guess another bank letter would be in order, though as Joppa said in another thread, we must make sure all details are included.

We have another smaller fixed deposit account but same problem, no early withdrawal. Good monthly statements are available but to transfer to savings would require a bank letter as the passbook for that account has entries put in by hand by the teller, hardly convincing!

It is nerve wracking to know you have the money but that the presentation of facts, if done incorrectly, could jeopardize the application!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am becoming a real pain with these questions and still confused! I think I know what I have to do regarding my questions above. However, looking at Appendix2 in the Savings section, 3.74 and 3.75 are clear. What I do not understand is where it asks in 3.76 "what is the total cash savings...." If you have more savings, they say to enter details in Part 5.

So, is the total you enter in 3.76, the amount you are using to meet financial requirements ie information given in 3.75, or is it the total of all your savings, ie 3.5 + any other savings entered in Part 5?

And I am presuming if you have other savings that have been disclosed in Part 5, then the same principle applies where you must supply six months statements etc.? I hope I am making sense! Could anyone please advise?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.