Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Could anyone let me know if I have my green card and am petitioning for my UKC daughter to come to US, I know it can take years, but while that is being processed, can she come over to the US on visits, obviously not stay longer than she should. Be grateful if anyone can help
Thanks Sandy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, even when I have filed for her, then she applies for her immigration visa, she can still come for visits?
Thank you

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should of mentioned, she has travelled to US earlier this year and she applied for the ESTA. and If I'm right I think that lasts two years.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
depends on her age how long it will take ...

during the last year of waiting its best not to visit
ensure sher does not overstay ..on any visit

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's 21 and I know it will a long long time, I'm a bit confused, because when my husband applied for his UK visa, he has to send his passport with the application, so would my daughter have to send her passport when i petiton for her, and then she applies for her visa, becasue I know it can take a few years, thats where I'm confused.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
She's 21 and I know it will a long long time, I'm a bit confused, because when my husband applied for his UK visa, he has to send his passport with the application, so would my daughter have to send her passport when i petiton for her, and then she applies for her visa, becasue I know it can take a few years, thats where I'm confused.
How about reading up on process, forms and fees at the official site. No she does not have to provide a passport with your petition.

Green Card Through Family | USCIS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts