Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Expats!

I am going to apply for a spouse visa in September. We are applying under Cat C, non-employment income. My husband will be receiving a bursary of £15 000 for a PGCE course, as well as other grants (maintenance, etc) for the remaining amount from SAAS.

In the Appendix, it's not clear when I am able to apply. This document (Appendix FM-SE) says that my husband should be getting the grants/bursaries OR "will be within 3 months of the date of application".

However, I've read on this forum that you need to provide bank statements to show that you have been receiving the grant payments into your account. If so, then for how long? And that doesn't really make sense considering the "within 3 months" part.

If my husband can get confirmation by start of September of bursaries and grants of more than £15,800, can I go home and apply then?

Here's the relevant section from the Appendix.

Thanks in advance!
Sami

(g) To evidence a maintenance grant or stipend (not a loan) associated with undergraduate study or postgraduate study or research:
(i) Documentation from the body or company awarding the grant or stipend confirming that the person is currently in receipt of the grant or stipend or will be within 3 months of the date of application, confirming that the grant or stipend will be paid for a period of at least 12 months or for at least one full academic year from the date of application or from the date on which payment of the grant or stipend will commence, and confirming the annual amount of the grant or stipend. Where the grant or stipend is or will be paid on a tax-free basis, the amount of the gross equivalent may be counted as income under this Appendix.

·
Registered
39,127 Posts
If you are applying before he starts getting his grant, then you don't need bank statement showing the money coming in (well, you don't have one yet). So just provide other documents specified.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.