Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking through my declaration form (all news to me as Mme does both returns online).

I'm showing as 'Pas d'enfant ni personne a charge'.

1) Does only one of the couple have the child showing?

2) Also, I thought creche fees were deductible, but Mme hasn't put them down.

·
Administrator
50,415 Posts
It depends a bit on what sort of couple you are: if you're married, you file together, so yes, you share the child. If you're PACS'd, it should work pretty much the same way.

If you're "none of the above" things get trickier. If you have "alternative custody" of the child, under a court order (from a divorce) or a formal agreement, you may be able to split the half part (for a quarter part?) if you are able to split the allocation familiale. Otherwise claim for the "charge" of the child is based on where the child actually resides. However in an alternative or joint custody situation, then neither parent can claim credit for any pension paid toward the child's support.

Clear as mud, non?
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It depends a bit on what sort of couple you are: if you're married, you file together, so yes, you share the child. If you're PACS'd, it should work pretty much the same way.

If you're "none of the above" things get trickier. If you have "alternative custody" of the child, under a court order (from a divorce) or a formal agreement, you may be able to split the half part (for a quarter part?) if you are able to split the allocation familiale. Otherwise claim for the "charge" of the child is based on where the child actually resides. However in an alternative or joint custody situation, then neither parent can claim credit for any pension paid toward the child's support.

Clear as mud, non?
Cheers,
Bev
Oui. La boue. :confused2:

OK, thanks. If it's just a 'fisc thing' then it's ok because I'll be nowhere near paying anything.

Creche fees anyone - are they deductible?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts