Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Disclaimer : I am just sharing a piece of information provided by my agent, so dnt leave negative comments as I am sharing it to motivate expats.

Hi Guys,

In my recent conversation with my agent(MARA- Adelaide) about my case, I generally enquired about slow pace of grants. He told me that this is due to major changes in department as DIBP is being clubbed with some other department like Intelligence & National security. As per him this will be completed with in July month. He told that, In his recent conversation with a state government official, he came to know that in upcoming month of August , DIBP will clear minimum up to 2000-4000 cases of skilled migration to make things normal like previous years. As these changes are constitutional, hence it is taking a bit longer than expected.
New Processing timings will be updated before mid of August..

Again : I dnt knw the authenticity of news.

P.S. : Sources:-
http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...p/news-story/ed5eb33cfb3a781128b6bdf982de8218
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...er-dutton-control-home-affairs-super-ministry
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/...ome-office-style-national-security-department

·
Registered
11,349 Posts
I am hearing this rumours each day for the past 2.5 years. sorry. :(

I think it only gives hopes to guys, who will suffer even more when it will not materialize.

I wish this to come true though.

By the way on average DIBP used to issue 1500-2500 grants a month for skilled migration for sc189 in 2016-2017 (up to April). Based on the fact of ~10% sample in the tracker.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I am hearing this rumours each day for the past 2.5 years. sorry. :(

I think it only gives hopes to guys, who will suffer even more when it will not materialize.

I wish this to come true though.

By the way on average DIBP used to issue 1500-2500 grants a month for skilled migration for sc189 in 2016-2017 (up to April). Based on the fact of ~10% sample in the tracker.
Hi Andrey,
I searched google and came to know below:-
http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...p/news-story/ed5eb33cfb3a781128b6bdf982de8218
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...er-dutton-control-home-affairs-super-ministry
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/...ome-office-style-national-security-department

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
182 Posts
Disclaimer : I am just sharing a piece of information provided by my agent, so dnt leave negative comments as I am sharing it to motivate expats.

Hi Guys,

In my recent conversation with my agent(MARA- Adelaide) about my case, I generally enquired about slow pace of grants. He told me that this is due to major changes in department as DIBP is being clubbed with some other department like Intelligence & National security. As per him this will be completed with in July month. He told that, In his recent conversation with a state government official, he came to know that in upcoming month of August , DIBP will clear minimum up to 2000-4000 cases of skilled migration to make things normal like previous years. As these changes are constitutional, hence it is taking a bit longer than expected.
New Processing timings will be updated before mid of August..

Again : I dnt knw the authenticity of news.

P.S. : Sources:-
Malcolm Turnbull gives Peter Dutton new national security ministry
Australia to get new 'Home Office' style national security department | SBS News
Thanks for the news article links.

But its better take everything by the agents says with a pinch of salt.

·
Registered
196 Posts
All the best guys. We have to wait till things materialize

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well if it is not August then September if not the month after, it has to happen. The fact is the more delayed it is the closer we get to gravalanche (grant-avalanche) !!

·
Registered
11,349 Posts
yes these are trending news... but again, i dont think that august will change much. I wish they prove me wrong and flood us with grants. However, i am more hopeful for October.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Even its true, why it would affect visa processing....
Can't they just let case officers do their normal daily jobs and issuing visas? Why postpone it?

Turnbull is bulls*t sorry but i am losing patience.

Reactions: commie_rick

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Even its true, why it would affect visa processing....
Can't they just let case officers do their normal daily jobs and issuing visas? Why postpone it?

Turnbull is bulls*t sorry but i am losing patience.
I dnt know how Australian systems works, but I know that political decisions effects each and every individual and same is happening with us. After Trump Immigration changes in H1 visa now aspirants are more focusing on other options like Australia,NZ, etc. Even Now "Bull" is doing same following trend started by Trump.

Reactions: commie_rick

·
Registered
424 Posts
I dnt know how Australian systems works, but I know that political decisions effects each and every individual and same is happening with us. After Trump Immigration changes in H1 visa now aspirants are more focusing on other options like Australia,NZ, etc. Even Now "Bull" is doing same following trend started by Trump.

My take is there wouldn't a specific period like August or perhaps any particular month from where we will get to see sea of grants.
However, I guess at some point it should pick up, as the current pace is slow at the moment. They too have a target to complete. What will be interesting to see is, at which point it will start to pick up!
At this moment, none of us are sure about the reasons for delayed grants. Either it could be internal changes, staff shortages, extra security checks, etc. What is clear is that the delays are for a reason. Until that becomes clear, we cannot expect to a see a sea of grants! :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
My take is there wouldn't a specific period like August or perhaps any particular month from where we will get to see sea of grants.
However, I guess at some point it should pick up, as the current pace is slow at the moment. They too have a target to complete. What will be interesting to see is, at which point it will start to pick up!
At this moment, none of us are sure about the reasons for delayed grants. Either it could be internal changes, staff shortages, extra security checks, etc. What is clear is that the delays are for a reason. Until that becomes clear, we cannot expect to a see a sea of grants! :)
Thanks bro, wish us all the best!

·
Registered
151 Posts
yes these are trending news... but again, i dont think that august will change much. I wish they prove me wrong and flood us with grants. However, i am more hopeful for October.
October?? :eek::eek:
May I please know your reasoning pleassssse?
A bit of a shock. Let me cry.

·
Registered
11,349 Posts
October?? :eek::eek:
May I please know your reasoning pleassssse?
A bit of a shock. Let me cry.
They really decreased number of grants towards the beginning of May:

*This is roughly 10% sample of all grants a months for SC189.

Current processing times:

189 Skilled - Independent Points-tested 4 Months 7 Months

so, i would assume that mass number of applicants will be reaching 4-7 months by september-october period.

Please note, my message here is pure speculation and guessing, that is just my GUESS and nothing more. I can be right or i can be wrong. I would rather be wrong and see hundreds of grants next week.

·
Registered
151 Posts
They really decreased number of grants towards the beginning of May:

*This is roughly 10% sample of all grants a months for SC189.

Current processing times:

189 Skilled - Independent Points-tested 4 Months 7 Months

so, i would assume that mass number of applicants will be reaching 4-7 months by september-october period.

Please note, my message here is pure speculation and guessing, that is just my GUESS and nothing more. I can be right or i can be wrong. I would rather be wrong and see hundreds of grants next week.
Thank you so much!
Your message is really helpful!
Finger crossed :fingerscrossed:

Reactions: andreyx108b

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
those time keep increasing, slowly but surely... already more than a year.
I think some of things shared by my agent is true....
and also, they have to decrease these to avoid anger and frustration from applicants.....

·
Registered
239 Posts
We must not forget that even Trump and Britian appreciated the immigration systeam of Australia and Canada even copied the whole systeam last year

So a slow pace for 2 months or so doesnt mean a lot...yes the process jas slowed in last 2 months but they are professional and whole world value their immigration systeam....so be positive.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 62 Posts