Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, thanks for this information.

I'm thinking of moving to Montpellier (or another comparable city/town in Languedoc such as Perpignan or Nimes) in May, just for a year.

Is it difficult at that time of year to find an apartment for a long term lease because it is the summer? I work for myself as a jewellery designer and was hoping to get a two bedroom apartment and work from the second one.

I also have a dog who would be coming with me so wanted a place not too far from a park...

My other question is whether or not there are art courses, at night for example, that go on during the summer at the university (or during term time) - such as metal/glass etc...in case anyone knows the answer to that question.

Thanks in advance for any information!
Geraldine

·
Administrator
51,531 Posts
As you can see, I've moved your post into a thread of its own to see what sorts of responses we can attract.

Never having had to look for an apartment here myself, I'll let someone who knows Montpellier a bit better guide you on that.

As for activities during the summer, it can be kind of shocking at first how completely France shuts down during July and August. Most clubs and associations are closed, and I suspect you'll find that most of the university is, too. The big time for finding courses and other things to do is La Rentrée - beginning the first week in September.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Montpellier

Hi Beverly, thanks for getting back to me so fast and for passing on my question.

Best regards,
Geraldine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.