Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a large lot in a small town. Not finding it on the bienes raices websites in my preferred price range. Can it be that I cannot afford Mexico or is it only pricier properties that are listed? I want an acre or more with a small house in a small village within an hour of Monterey. I want to pay less than 900,000 pesos. Am I dreaming? :confused:

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
You may be dreaming the almost impossible dream. A lot that large, "in a small village" would be very expensive. Land is deceptive in Mexico, so much of it not available for sale as 'ejido' or tribal land, wasteland or desert, lacking the availability of utilities, etc. As such, land is relatively expensive and is the traditional investment made by any Mexican with funds; favored strongly over banks or other investment mechanisms and being passed down through generations as a source of security and a living.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Such land is available around Lake Chapala, but affordability could be a problem. There are thousands of Canadians living in the area, and there is even a Canadian Club; however, few are from PQ, the majority being from Ontario, Alberta and BC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Such land is available around Lake Chapala, but affordability could be a problem. There are thousands of Canadians living in the area, and there is even a Canadian Club; however, few are from PQ, the majority being from Ontario, Alberta and BC.
thanks RV but I previously wrote a post about Chapala when the pagan woman was looking there and asked for advice. My post must have hit a nerve? because you erased my post. It was my opinion of Chapala and it was not flattering. :)

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Not a nerve, so much as your very limited experience. I think I could probably identify the small group of people you experienced and can only say that 'every village has a few'. With more time, you might have 'widened your horizons' and had a better visit. I also understand the other factor that may be involved: we may well have passed on the streets of Montréal or Québec from time to time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.