Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have been sending money to the UK for a while now but still haven't found a good solution. I have about another 12-16 months to pay my UK debt off so need to transfer money on a monthly basis.

Originally I used my US bank to transfer into my UK bank account, but the wire fee is $50 and it takes about 4-5 days to transfer the money. After some research on this forum (and a few others) I signed up for an account with Currency Online - Foreign Currency Exchange, Money Transfers, International Payments
They charge $5 for the transfer and give you a reasonable rate, but the process is not what I was looking for. Once you purchase GBP you have to wire your USD into their bank account in New York. My US bank charged me $25 for this wire. I save about $25 but I now have two transactions per transfer and I still have to go to my bank to make the wire transfer.
I signed up for an account with www.xoom.com but they do not operate in Colorado (and don't tell you until you try to transfer). The reason I wanted to use xoom.com was that they charge $5 for the transfer (if you pay directly with your US bank account) and you can pay them with VISA or an online transfer which is free (E-Check I think?)

Does anyone know of another company that I can use which will give me a cheap transfer, with an average exchange rate, where I can transfer the money from my US account directly into their bank?

I would appreciate anyones advise on this.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
What Davis1 said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.