Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've got 189-Skilled Independent PR this year and moving to Sydney on 18th Dec, 2013 with my family.
I've managed to open a Bank account with NAB and wanted to transfer some money before i move there.

is there any one how I can transfer money from my Indian bank account and what would be the best way to get max AUDs. is there anyone who has done similar stuff and any suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Gautam Gandhi

·
Registered
169 Posts
well, just go any indian bank, and give detail of nab.. they simply transfer stuff.. its easy..
Hi Jay,

Could you please advise which bank would be the cheapest for the same ? I have a NAB account and a bank account in all major banks in India.

Regards.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Like you I setup my account offshore and transferred my money over before I arrived.

I had good experiences using HIFX.com. If you transfer more than £3000 there is no fee (the fee is only £9 anyway).

Rates are very competitive, you'll get more than transferring directly via the bank.

It's quite easy to use, login, get a quote, enter the details of the bank the money is coming out of, enter your Australian bank details...

Takes about 3 days to appear.

Oh, and I don't work for them, just found the service good :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts