Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Sorry if this has been covered before but I have searched and can't find he answer.. Daughter has been in US for 5 years so eligible but would like to know what the costs are on taking Citizenship and then sponsoring someone for a Green Card and costs for person requiring sponsoring.. the official site is difficult to navigate on phone.. Many thanks...

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Hi, Sorry if this has been covered before but I have searched and can't find he answer.. Daughter has been in US for 5 years so eligible but would like to know what the costs are on taking Citizenship and then sponsoring someone for a Green Card and costs for person requiring sponsoring.. the official site is difficult to navigate on phone.. Many thanks...

citizenship cost $680
USCIS - N-400, Application for Naturalization

To sponsor someone the initial amount to file the I-130 is $420

USCIS - I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another question or two...... is it easy to complete the required forms or would we have to pay for someone to do them.. and after managing to find some info regarding sponsors it appears my daughter at the moment is just under the required amount but 2 people have offered to help sponsor me, what I would like to know is should I use just one of them or have the info for both? Also are the costs above all that there will be? I thought it was more but i'm not complaining if thats the total. :)
Thanks in advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts