Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again this morning,

Just after getting ready to apply online I find out my Fiance had been given a substantial amount of money as a gift to go towards our wedding and it has not been in there for 6 months!

Is this an issue???? Or do we just need a letter describing that it is a gift from his family????

After just been told, I would appreciate any advice on the mater before I apply and pay my money

Thankyou so much

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hello again this morning,

Just after getting ready to apply online I find out my Fiance had been given a substantial amount of money as a gift to go towards our wedding and it has not been in there for 6 months!

Is this an issue???? Or do we just need a letter describing that it is a gift from his family????

After just been told, I would appreciate any advice on the mater before I apply and pay my money

Thank you so much
Hi,

I have also the same question. I have applied for a fiance visa and got rejected due to lack of proper financial requirement. So if one of our families gift some money to me or my sponsor to fill the gap of the amount that I have in my saving, will I as an applicant still have to wait for 6 months prior to re-applying..(my fiance (sponsor does not have a job) so I am (applicant) using my savings plus the gifted amount ...
Any advice will be highly appreciated ..thank u

·
Registered
834 Posts
What category are applying under?
Hi nyclon,

I have also the same question. I have applied for a fiance visa and got rejected due to lack of proper financial requirement. So if one of our families gift some money to me or my sponsor to fill the gap of the amount that I have in my saving, will I as an applicant still have to wait for 6 months prior to re-applying..(my fiance (sponsor does not have a job) so I am (applicant) using my savings plus the gifted amount ...

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Hi nyclon,

You need to show that you have had the money, under your control, for 6 months.

So if you have not had the money for that length of time your application is likely to be refused again. Apply when you have had the money for 6 months and can comply with the rules in the document provided for you.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Hi nyclon,

You will need £62,500 if you are relying on savings to meet the financial requirement under Category D. The entire £62,500 must sit in a readily accessible account for 6 months before you can apply. Your relative must write a letter stating it is a gift with no strings attached. They must also provide their bank statement showing the money leaving the account and it must be evident that the gift doesn't clean them out which might be give the impression that it's a loan and not a gift.

·
Registered
834 Posts
You will need £62,500 if you are relying on savings to meet the financial requirement under Category D. The entire £62,500 must sit in a readily accessible account for 6 months before you can apply. Your relative must write a letter stating it is a gift with no strings attached. They must also provide their bank statement showing the money leaving the account and it must be evident that the gift doesn't clean them out which might be give the impression that it's a loan and not a gift.
Thank you Nyclon. It is more clear to me now. Also, by the end of the 6th month, I will have some monthly savings from my salary which will also help close the gap..because not the entire 62,500 is going to be a gift from my relative, is it ok, or this will be a problem ?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Cat A basing it on my Fiances full time job he earns well over the threshold :)
If you are applying via Cat A then I believe they will not be concerned with any other money going into the account.

They will just need to see the 6 months worth of wages going into his bank account, at or above the monthly requirement of £1550, that they tally with the payslips he will be submitting and that both the bank statements and payslips are both for the latest 6 months and are dated within 28 days of the application.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So if i apply under Cat A, any substantial deposits arent taken into account is what im reading correct??!!

Oh my goodness that is brilliant news!!

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
If your fiance meets the financial requirement by earning over £18,600/year with 6 month's worth of pay slips over £1550 each and you are applying under Category A there is no need to include savings account statements and in fact they shouldn't be included as this might just confuse things.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Thank you Nyclon. It is more clear to me now. Also, by the end of the 6th month, I will have some monthly savings from my salary which will also help close the gap..because not the entire 62,500 is going to be a gift from my relative, is it ok, or this will be a problem ?
Yes, it's a problem. The entire amount of £62,500 has to be held for the entire 6 months and the amount in your account can never dip below that during the 6 months even for 1 day.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
does the money then that was a gift from his family for the wedding need to be in his account for 6 months???

Or because he earns above the threshold we can still apply this month adding a letter from his Family stating it is a gift for our wedding???

Thankyou nyclon

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The money has been in the account as a gift, but only for 5 months as a wedding contribution.

So I'm wondering whether I need to leave it for another month or I can apply this month as We are going through Cat A???

And if we need to supply a letter???

Thankyou nyclon

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
does the money then that was a gift from his family for the wedding need to be in his account for 6 months???

Or because he earns above the threshold we can still apply this month adding a letter from his Family stating it is a gift for our wedding???

Thankyou nyclon
Are you going to be using the money to meet the financial requirement? If so, it needs to be in a readily accessible account for 6 months. If you are applying under Category A as you said, you are relying solely on your fiance's salary to meet the financial requirement and you don't need to include savings account statements.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No it was purely a gift to go towards our wedding plans and such. We are not using savings at all.

My Fiance earns over the amount, but as I only found this out this morning I am now worried it will effect our visa if they see a deposit within the accessible account in the 6 month period. It was very nice of my Fiances family but I thought it may delay things.

I wondered if I could still apply this month as planned or whether we need to let the gift Sit in the account for another month to make it 6 months ???

·
Registered
266 Posts
No it was purely a gift to go towards our wedding plans and such. We are not using savings at all.

My Fiance earns over the amount, but as I only found this out this morning I am now worried it will effect our visa if they see a deposit within the accessible account in the 6 month period. It was very nice of my Fiances family but I thought it may delay things.

I wondered if I could still apply this month as planned or whether we need to let the gift Sit in the account for another month to make it 6 months ???
I think you are overly worrying about this as your question has been answered quite a few times in this thread, I was the same so can understand where you are coming from but if you read back through the replies you will see the answer multiple times.

If you are applying via Category A they should not care if there is a large amount of money going in from another source as long as you fully satisfy the requirement by Cat A. There is no need to delay.

Just provide the proof necessary to meet the requirement via Category A, namely:

*Copy of sponsors employment contract
*Letter from employer confirming employment details (salary, length of employment, permanent, job title)
*Latest 6 months of sponsors pay slips - dated within 28 days of online visa application
*Latest 6 months of corresponding bank statements from bank account that wages were paid into - dated within 28 days of online visa application
*P60 (if you have had this).

Please read the following if you are still unsure:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/s...DIs/chp8-annex/section-FM-1.7.pdf?view=Binary

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
:nono:

Is the money in a savings account or is it in the same account that his pay check goes into? There is no need to include savings statements if he meets the requirement through earnings. Savings statements should NOT be included if uou ate applying with Category A as they can cause confudion ad yo ehich category you intended to use. At any rate since you are applying under Category A this money has zero impact on your application and it doesn't matter whether he's had it for 1 day, 4 months or a year.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's in the same account as the pay goes into, we will only be providing the 6 month statements for this account. Thankyou for putting my mind at ease :)

I am worrying about this all too much, I do believe becoming so consumed by the visa clouds the mind to the answers that make life easier :)

Thankyou both nyclon & phantasamo I can't thankyou enough :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.