Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
15,734 Posts
I'm flying back today - I normally go with Monarch but for some reason I chose a EasyJet this time. Thanking my lucky stars...

Perhaps their former pilots can get a job with Ryanair?

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
I suspect other airlines' prices will have shot up for the next few months now, because they know all those Monarch customers will be looking to rebook flights.

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Its a Shame for the people traveling but hard times for those working. LEts hope Ryan air and its staff not next to lose thier jobs :rolleyes:

·
Banned
46 Posts
I suspect other airlines' prices will have shot up for the next few months now, because they know all those Monarch customers will be looking to rebook flights.
Some flights have but Easy Jet still have some very good offers, just booked Malaga to London Luton for 56 Euros return which I think is very good price.

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
I'm flying back today - I normally go with Monarch but for some reason I chose a EasyJet this time. Thanking my lucky stars...

Perhaps their former pilots can get a job with Ryanair?
That was my first thought... hopefully they'll all be back in work soon...

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Not sure about that Lynn, I've just had a quick search online and there a lot of cheap deals still to be had.

For those still UK based this is not a bad site

https://www.sunmaster.co.uk/

My thoughts are with those affected by the collapse of Monarch :(

·
Registered
6,005 Posts
Said on TV that Virgin are recruiting Pilots and had 400 vacancies but not sure if this was across the organisation. Also that Monarch had ordered 40 aircraft from Boeing.

Disgraceful that they were still taking bookings yesterday when they knew the game was up.

Something is happening in the industry Air Berlin, Al Italia, Ryanair not coming clean:confused:

·
Registered
U.K.
9,103 Posts
Said on TV that Virgin are recruiting Pilots and had 400 vacancies but not sure if this was across the organisation. Also that Monarch had ordered 40 aircraft from Boeing.

Disgraceful that they were still taking bookings yesterday when they knew the game was up.

Something is happening in the industry Air Berlin, Al Italia, Ryanair not coming clean:confused:
To be fair Monarch have been close to the wire for a few years, but you do have a good point

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Yesterday there was over a 100K in total, this is the biggest repatriation event since WW2...Well over three hundred flights I'd guess.

This could easily be the end of cheap as chips flights with couriers like Ryanair and Easyjet.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts