Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a handy little device here in France to get internet on my laptop/ tablet anywhere, anytime. I don't have/want a smartphone.
I see it also exists in Spain: "Router wifi movil 4G" / "Dispositivo de internet móvil"

mine is a Huawei E5573 : https://www.amazon.es/Huawei-E5573-...0XDXINEQ/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pdt_img_sims?ie=UTF8

It connects to 3G/4G networks just like a smartphone and provides wifi to several smartphones, tablets, laptops etc.

Here I get 20 giga data for 16.99€/month with no contract engagement but it only works in France. I'd like a Spanish sim for use in Spain with my router.
Are there any similar offers with the major telecom companies in Spain?

I looked at Movistar, Vodafone and Orange Spanish websites but I can't find anything similar, not even anything close

If anyone is familiar with this kind of offer please help, thanks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Spain is very expensive. You'll be lucky to get anything of that value. That said what about the EU data roaming or can you not do that with the device?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spain is very expensive. You'll be lucky to get anything of that value. That said what about the EU data roaming or can you not do that with the device?
Well, my present offer is limited to France and cuts out once the border crossed.
The router takes any sim from any operator.

Orange in France propose offers for France + all of Europe: 2 giga = 10€, 15 giga = 25€ and 25 giga = 55€.

Unfortunately I'm highly allergic to their shops. Two months ago I really was highly motivated to buy their hardware but had to wait 2 hours until a vendor was finally available (then had to return home to get proof of residence during midday closing) waited another hour only for 3 sales staff to fail flashing code bar of desired equipment & sim card. They got mercilessly trashed by their hotline people although it wasn't at all their fault. Miserable experience.

We plan to spend September prowling immobiliaria ads and agencies so we want to browse websites in the comfort of our camper van!

Come on, find me an offer in Spain so I don't have to creep back to Orange :eek:

·
Banned
92 Posts
Poor whatever you are male/female or it. You will have to use Orange in Spain. Sorry. €14,95 per month - 2,5GB plus 40 minutes of calls. There are cheaper but you will have to ask yourself - " do these cheap companies have reception outside of cities". Probably not as your house searching will be in uninhabited areas, 1 of the 3 big operators should be your choice. Bring a passport and proof of address in Spain to the shop. ;)

Why go thru the hassle though. Did not the EU just block all roaming charges within the EU? Start living in the 21st century, purchase a smartphone with a data contract or contract with data in France and tether off your phone on to your computer anywhere in the EU. Very simple. Even better, up to a trillion or more devices can be connected to it.

I would also never use a Huawei device for anything but looking at your UK rags or checking your sport scores. Sketchy. I thru away my "domino" in France and now use a trusted South Korean brand. You have to worry when governments around the world tell their purchase managers and citizens to not purchase and/or use those products or even ban them all together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts