Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
Can anybody recommend a good mobile phone provider. I am currently using Lebara on a pay as you go basis, however the network coverage is not good and I an forever having to top it up. I am not really interested in the data, just something to cover calls and text messages and as cheap as possible.
Thanks
Pete

·
Administrator
37,053 Posts
Hi there,
Can anybody recommend a good mobile phone provider. I am currently using Lebara on a pay as you go basis, however the network coverage is not good and I an forever having to top it up. I am not really interested in the data, just something to cover calls and text messages and as cheap as possible.
Thanks
Pete
Ask around locally. Coverage can vary even within the same town!

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
"Alternative" providers are always at the mercy of the network owners they depend on. I personally would only ever use one of the "big three" who have their own networks.

These are Movistar, Vodafone and Orange, although I understand that Yoigo is slowly buiding up its own network.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hi there,
Thanks
Pete
We live in Torrevieja and use Hits on PAYG. The service is very good and we have automatic top up, 10€ when balance falls below 4€.

https://www.hitsmobile.es/en/home

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Does anyone know if Spanish mobile phones are ALWAYS tied to a network provider - I thought I once read or was told that by Spanish law, this wasn't allowed.
I think what was prohibited was the "giving away" of devices tied to a network. Now they bill the devices seperately on a financing arrangement.
These can be, and are, tied to the network for a fixed period after which they will provide you with a code to free it if you ask (although by that time the phone is usually obsolete anyway!)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hi there,
Thanks
Pete
You can try with freedompop is free. take a look

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.