Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it worth fetching my existing moblie phones across with me when we move here. they are PAYG?
Is it better to get new sim cards in Cyprus or what? Any advise gratefully received.
thanks Anne:confused:

·
Registered
108 Posts
If your phones are unlocked, meaning you can put any sim card in them, take them with you and change the sim card once you get there. At least you won't have to go buy phones right away.
There are lots of places selling sim cards and you can buy minutes from any kiosk.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
is it worth fetching my existing moblie phones across with me when we move here. they are PAYG?
Is it better to get new sim cards in Cyprus or what? Any advise gratefully received.
thanks Anne:confused:
Hi,

If I remember, I had to pay £20 to get my Nokia unlocked before I moved. I use MTN PAYG, you can see the new telephone number on the card so you can have a look through them and take your pick of whats on offer, I managed to get my date of birth on the last 4 digits, no, not 1066!! It comes with some credit already on it too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

If I remember, I had to pay £20 to get my Nokia unlocked before I moved. I use MTN PAYG, you can see the new telephone number on the card so you can have a look through them and take your pick of whats on offer, I managed to get my date of birth on the last 4 digits, no, not 1066!! It comes with some credit already on it too.
thanks Geraldine. did you find it easy enough to get your phone unlocked?
Anne

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
There's also a little old man selling SIM cards the moment you get out of customs in Larnaca airport. Although how legit they are I have no idea!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts